Monday, July 18, 2011

R.I.P Rooster...

Yes that's right... We killed our rooster and we no longer have a 5:00 am non stoppable alarm!!! We got rid of him because we had no need to keep him! This is how it went...


Caught him and put his head in a milk carton upside down to stop from moving as much.


Then we cut the head off. No need for that picture! After, you put it in boiling water to loosen the feathers.





Then cut it up, clean it out and cook it!





What an adventure we had! It was actually kind of fun!! If you ever desire to try it, you can ask us any questions!
Goodbye Rooster :)

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

S & K said...

um lol EWWW!!!! lol

adam and jess said...

wow, i could never! haha bum you're such a farm girl!

my name is becky kelly said...

blech, dunking them in the boiling water stinks so bad. good work! how did he taste!

Cason and Marie said...

ew!! how'd that taste? You are super farm woman...seriously!!

Kate said...

Are you kidding me Michelle?! You are my hero! We had a hen that we no longer needed who wasbt laying eggs anymore and we were sick of feeding... I couldn't bear to kill her so we took her to Petes uncles house and threw her in with his 30 chickens so no one would notice she isn't laying haha and I wouldn't have to kill her! You are awesome though! I am that much more confident in myself though now so that when the day comes i know I could... Maybe.... Do it!

Lindsey S. said...

That was my grandmas job on her farm growing up. I always thought I would never! That is awesome you had the guts to do that!!

Unknown said...

I was the only one brave enough to do that on the trek when I went. So proud of you! Very cool.